Pages

07 May, 2011

Angry Birds x Oreo Cheese. Cupcakes, love from Kuantan.

(Photographed using GXR P10.)

I stumbled upon Fadzilah's Facebook profile about a year ago, and the decision to purchase from her hadn't occurred until last April. I was always away from home.

It was the fondant decorations and mountains of comments on her photos which attracted me. The cupcakes below would be appealing enough for anyone to do an impulsive purchase.

 
Source: FadRizals.

These are my favourite pieces made by her. :) But I didn't choose them over the ones I had because I thought they were rather girlish for a guy's birthday cake. Since I knew he liked Oreo cheesecake, and she also made them, thus the birth of such idea.

Angry Birds was one of the first few applications he's downloaded after iPhone reached him.



My customization request was to make figurines based on all the birdie roles with 4 words (she suggested to use fondant instead of cream) and then top the cakes off with chocolate ganache.  She also advised to add on a few heart figurines instead of leaving the rest of the cupcakes looking plain, and I thought they were a cute addition!

I placed my order with her a week before, and she was having a packed schedule but we made it.  On the appointed day, we had to travel to her house, which luckily isn't very hard to find.

A close-up shot before condensation becomes visible.

The bomber chick would be my favourite bird. There were wires installed to hold some of the beaks and combs (look more like hairdo's to me) in place.

The cute cupcakes came in an elegant package.


Eating them was pretty troublesome until I figured a way to dissect the cupcake cleanly for a clear cross sectional picture.  You have to open up the folds at the side of it to separate it from the container.


From the display above you could compare the thickness of the two constituents.

The taste was average, its heavenly taste was spoiled a little by the excessive ganache. :(  But seriously the cheesecake was good.  It'd be better if my budget was enough to increase the serving size of the cheese.

I also find it cruel to eat the birds, even crueler to dispose them.  But I had to perform the latter to the last one standing because frankly, I just didn't like how sugary they were. :(

The baker was friendly and helpful, she's got all the good qualities you could ask for from a home-based baker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment