Pages

07 May, 2011

Mother's Day: very dry banana yogurt muffins.



Remake of my favourite recipe from Lebovitz (not that I tried anything else he'd shared), but this time in muffin cups with a dash of imported chocolate chips sold at a newly opened local cake supply plus help from a best friend of mine featured here.





I love these square muffin cups! I used to have those flimsy paper cups that were not waxed on the inside, had to use two layers back then to make brownies.

After that...


The muffins were quite moist, which I liked. But his mom told him that the cakes would have shorter shelf live because of that and they should be baked longer, as I altered the actual baking time for a tinned cake to a short 25 to 30 minutes.  Once they looked dry from the surface I would retrieve them from the oven.

There were no pretty cracks by the way. I only used baking powder for this, but baking soda was already out of stock since a long time ago.

The tester looked like this...


I also followed the mom's advice to bake it (which kinda disrupts the process of baking since they were already cool) but all I got was a drier surface, and nothing brownish. :(

But anyways, our effort was there. It was also his first time to bake a cake.

Happy mother's day in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment