Pages

24 November, 2011

Devotion for sour and spicy food: onde-onde.

It's the kind of your regular, humble store you pass by not giving any greater hint of notice. To me, this was a nondescript, unattractive shop. Perhaps because I never really liked ondeh-ondeh despite it being the first kuih I made (at school for Kemahiran Hidup, or Living Skills).


But one night when we were out of ideas for dinner, I googled onde-onde and guess what, I liked the reviews I saw! Vibrant Nyonya dishes... Why pass?

Stepping in, it's the traditional Peranakan setting that's welcoming you warmly.


Apparently, that night's photographer got intrigued by the stool surface like other bloggers did.


Looked like watercolour paintings, innit?

Like the menu, the dishes came to our desktop one by one and never failed to wow us each time.

Signature Asam Laksa.

It was good, not exceptional - but good. I heard that PappaRich makes really spicy Laksa, this bowl from onde-onde was bearable.

Nasi Lemak Curry Chicken.

He was deciding between this and the recommended Nasi Lemak with Kapitan Chicken, I think.

Sago Gula Melaka. It was okay.


ABC.

This came out last. I guess it was the one on popular demand, eh.

Highlight: (also highlighted in other blogs) not even 1% of service charge was applied, but with the best serving attitudes! *thumbs up*

Cute thing I found about this place, the waiter came and asked if we needed more Gula Melaka. So diabetic, yet so divine! It's a place I would want to invite my mom to.



Price:
Signature Asam Laksa at RM9.90
Nasi Lemak Curry Chicken at RM12.90
Sago Gula Melaka at RM4.90
ABC at RM5.90

Address:
No. 5, Persiaran Residen, Desa Parkcity.

Tel:
03 6280 7419

No comments:

Post a Comment