Pages

01 January, 2012

Georgetown Food Hunt I.


We set foot on Georgetown for a brief getaway. We're lucky to have the sun with us when even the hottest town I'd known was drizzling frequently.

Ooooh how I love the food, you can just choose anywhere you like and order away, without worrying if the food's going to be edible or not!

Anyway, our first night trip which was constituted on bus trips and walking got ruined by an unusual happening.


They were fogging the main streets. We avoided the civil servants as much as we could, like playing hide-and-seek.

So much for this.

We headed to Lebuh Keng Kwee for the food, taking the bus to Komtar.


The more popular cendol stall service was speedy, that was what I realised later on.


The queue of the famous cendol stall was crazy and I was too starved to wait; my family decided to try out the stall opposite instead. They weren't winning the crowd, but the locals seemed to favour this one more. Less waiting time, I guess.


I had my favourite Ais Kacang instead, and although it seems to be jam-packed with ingredients, their ice wasn't fragrant enough. It was as if they used plain ol' sugar syrup instead of Gula Melaka.


We then took off to look for a dinner spot. But as I said earlier, we were mostly avoiding where the fogging team travelled to, after my mom witnessed the horrifying scene of the chemicals sprayed on street side food stalls (selling boiled groundnuts and chestnuts) as well.

Until we decided that a Chinese restaurant was safe, sat down and ordered. While eating, the fogging team passed by, but logically and to our relief, they did not enter. I just had to cover my drink to feel safer.



The whole trip (from waiting for the bus, to walking, and more walking, and eating, and leaving by bus through really congested roads) consumed nearly 5 hours of our time. :/ So much for food.

No comments:

Post a Comment