Pages

22 October, 2013

Dragonfruit mousse cake.

Hey guys.
With internship sucking away most of my patience and energy now, I'm glad I found myself home to recharge from being stuck in an office 12 hours a day.
Being able to walk in places surrounded by trees and not buildings that are at least 7 levels high is a bliss.


Being inspired by Typica's signature cakes that are so soft and smooth, I have decided to try making a mousse cake with a fruit of my choice.
I really wanted the purple flesh dragonfruit but it seems like they are not in season.


First prepare the base. Press enough crackers crumbs mixed with butter into base of cake tin and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes. You can chill it instead, but I reckon baking it will form a more cohesive base.

For the mousse:
600g whipping cream, chilled
6tbsps granulated sugar
30g gelatine powder
100g boiling water
600g puree of your desired fruit, I used white-fleshed dragonfruit

1. Whisk together whipping cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
2. Melt gelatine powder in boiling powder.
3. Mix fruit puree into gelatine solution.
4. Mix well whipped cream and fruit puree.
5. Pour onto base, chill for more than 4 hours.

Recipe adapted from Bisous À Toi: Mango Mousse Cake which referred to All That Matters: Mango Mousse Cake (Re-Post with Recipe).

No comments:

Post a Comment