Pages

21 May, 2014

Chocolate chip cookies.


These delectable treats were made with molasses and browned butter.

Recipe adapted from Take A Megabite.

My cookies looked nothing like hers. Her cookies can spread out thinly and evenly, while I tried forming dough balls and all I got were thick cookies that heaped in the centre.

I thought melting the butter was supposed to make them spread magically before they cook, but okay.

So I got fed up and shape them in flat rounds instead. If you made them as I did, you get about 4 dozen of cookies from this recipe!

I also greatly reduced the amount of sugar, from a heaping 330 g granulated + brown sugars, I used only 110 g. But I dare assure you, this is sweet enough.


Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 4 dozen)
168 g unsalted butter
110 g molasses
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla essence
254 g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 160 °C.
2. Place butter over medium heat. Stir, until butter foams, and browns. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk together liquid butter with sugar. Then, beat in the egg and egg yolk, add the vanilla essence, and whisk until glossy.
4. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold them into the egg mixture.
5. Pour in the chocolate chips. I like to add them in halfway through mixing the flour so I don't overmix the dough.
6. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. (My mini's took not more than 10, while the thicker cookie dough balls took 15 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment